Prep. Time : 5 minutes | Cooking time : 20 minutes | Serving : 4 – 5
2 Cups Country Basmati Rice
8 Cups Water
4 Pods Whole Cardamom
1 Tablespoon Salt
4 Tablespoons Oil or Ghee
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
How to Prepare:
1. Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 15- 20 minutes. Drain.
2. In a large casserole, put water, cardamom and salt. Heat to boiling over high heat. Add rice. Boil briskly for 7- 8 minutes. Drain and set aside. Discard cardamom.
3. Heats oil in heavy-bottomed casserole, fry onion until golden brown. Remove half the onion. Keep aside.
4. Spread rice over the browned onion, sprinkle with remaining onion. Cover tightly. Leave to simmer on very low heat for 40 – 50 minutes.
5. Serve the rice in plate, top with fried onion.