Prep. Time : 10 minutes | Cooking time : 40 minutes | Serving : 4 – 6
2 Cups Country Basmati Rice
1 Teaspoon Fresh ginger, minced
1 Tablespoon Salt
2 Tablespoons Butter
2 Tablespoons Corn Oil
1 Large Onion, finely chopped
4 Small Garlic cloves, minced
2 Cups Mixed vegetables, frozen
1 Stick Cinnamon
8 Pieces Whole cloves
1 Cup Chicken stock or water, hot
1/2 Cup Raisins
How to Prepare:
1. Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 15 – 20 minutes. Drain.
2. In a large pot, boil 7 cups of water with salt. Add the rice. Boil briskly for 6 – 8 minutes. Drain. Keep aside.
3. Heat the butter and oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, mixed vegetables, cinnamon stick, and cloves. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until the vegetables are slightly softened, 6 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the rice and mix carefully with vegetables. Pour the chicken stock. Cover the pan. Simmer about 30 – 35 minutes.
5. Stir in the raisins, and let stand off the beat for 5 – 10 minutes. Fluff the rice with a fork and serve hot.