Prep. Time : 5 minutes | Cooking time : 20 minutes | Serving : 4 – 5
3 Cups Country Basmati Rice
1/2 Teaspoon Saffron, crushed
1/4 Cup Rose Water
3 Medium Zobidi fish
2 Medium Onion, chopped
1/2 Cup Raisins
1 Tablespoon Ground loomy (dried lime)
1 Teaspoon Mixed spices
1 Teaspoon Turmeric
1/2 Teaspoon Ground cardamom
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
4 Cups Fish stock, hot
How to Prepare:
1. Wash the rice; soak it in warm water for 20- 25 minutes. Drain.
2. Dissolve saffron in rose water. Keep aside.
3. Clean fish, sprinkle with spices, turmeric, loomy, cardamom and salt.
4. Coat fish with flour, fry in oil until golden. Keep aside.
5. In large casserole fry onion with 4 tablespoons oil, until golden brown, add raisins and loomy, cook until soft. Keep aside half the a mount of this mixture for garnishing.
6. Sprinkle one cup of rice over the onion mixture, in the casserole, arrange fish over rice, and add the remaining rice. Gradually pour fish stock over rice, heat to boiling, and then simmer on low heat for 30 – 40 minutes.
7. Sprinkle saffron mixture, over rice, cover and let stand off the heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
8. Serve in plate, place fish on top, garnish with onion and raisins.