Prep. Time : 10 minutes | Cooking time : 60 minutes | Serving : 6 – 8
2 Cups Country Basmati Rice
1/4 Cup Oil
2 Large Onion, sliced
1 Cup Lentil
1 Clove Garlic, crushed
1 Teaspoon Cumin, ground
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon, ground
4 1/2 Cups Water
2 Teaspoons Salt
2 Cups Macaroni, cooked
How to Prepare:
1. Wash the rice and soak in warm water for 15- 20 minutes. Drain.
2. In a large saucepan, heat oil and cook onions until dark brown, take about half the amount of onions, keep aside for garnishing.
3. Add water to the onion in the saucepan, bring to boil over high heat, add lentil, garlic, cumin, and cinnamon. Cover and simmer on low heat for 20 – 25 minutes, until lentil is tender.
4. Add rice and salt. Stir well. Add more water as needed. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes until
rice is cooked.
5. Arrange Kushari in a round platter, arrange macaroni around, sprinkle with fried onions, and serve it with