Prep. Time : 5 minutes | Cooking time : 20 minutes | Serving : 4 – 5
2 Cups Country Basmati Rice
4 Tablespoons Corn Oil
1 Small Onion, finely chopped
1 Clove Garlic, finely crushed
1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
1 1/2 Teaspoons Salt
3 1/2 Cups Chicken stock or water
1/2 Cup Fried nuts
How to Prepare:
1. Wash the rice and soak i n warm water for 15 – 20 minutes. Drain.
2. Heat oil in heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, add onion and cook until dark brown.
3. Add garlic, cumin, and salt, stir well.
4. Add rice, stirring for 3 – 4 minutes until all the rice is coated with oil
5. Add chicken stock or water. Stir well. Heat to boiling. Stir once, cover and simmer on very low heat for
15- 20 minutes. Let stand off the heat for 5 – 10 minutes.
6. Press rice into greased mold, turn up side down, sprinkle with nuts, and serve it beside fish dishes.