Prep. Time : 10 minutes | Cooking time : 30 minutes | Serving : 8
1 Cup Country Basmati Rice (cooked)
1 Large Can Sweetened Condensed milk
2 Cups Water
4 Large Eggs
1 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla flavour
1/4 Teaspoon Saffron, crushed
Caramel Syrup :
3/4 Cup Sugar
2 Tablespoons Water
How to Prepare:
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 8 custard cups.
2. Caramel Syrup : In a saucepan, heat sugar and water until light caramel color, immediately pour into cups.
3. Stir water, milk and eggs until well blended. Strain.
4. Add cardamom, vanilla, saffron, cooked rice. Divide between cup .
5. Place cups in large roasting pan; pour boiling water to come halfway up sides of cups. Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until just set.
6. Refrigerate 3 hours or until well chilled. Invert each cup onto dessert plate allowing caramel syrup to drip from cup.