The Brand COUNTRY reaches the homes of Middle East for making their traditional cuisines like Biryani, Kabsah , Kushari and so on . Here we have few tips how to cook Country Rice perfectly.
Perfectly cooked COUNTRY Basmati rice is tasty, light, long, full of aroma and fluffy, the grains are distinct and tender and to be “enjoyed it grain by grain”.
Tips for Perfect Rice
- Rinsing cleans of excess starch. Before you cook the rice, wash and drain the water several times until the water is clear.
- Soaking allows for maximum expansion of the rice, plus it shortens the cooking time.
- Add salt to soaking water. Soaking rice in a lot of salt firms it up and prevents the rice from breaking up during cooking. The swell individually without sticking together.
- For one cup County Basmati Rice add about 2 cups water to cook the rice. If you want the rice to be well cooked and mushy add more water of reduce the quantity of water used if you like each grain to be separated.
- Measure the amount of rice and liquid.
- Time cooking accurately.
- Use a sturdy pot or saucepan. You want a pot with heavy base for the most even cooking, and one that’s big enough to provide plenty of room above the rice for steam.
- Tice triples in volume—use the right size pot and pans.
- The cardinal rule of rice cooking: “never list the lid until rice is done”. Keep lid on tightly during cooking to prevent steam from escaping.
- At the end of cooking time, remove lid and test for doneness. If rice is not quite tender or if liquid is not absorbed, cover and cook 2 to 4 minutes longer.
If cooked rice is crunchy, add additional liquid, cover tightly and cook until grains are tender.